|THE BUSINESS CARS
Canadian Pacific’s passenger cars were custom built in Montreal at the CPR Angus Shops. This facility, initiated in 1902 by William Van Horne, then President of Canadian Pacific Railway, allowed CP to build their own rolling stock.
The passenger cars that make up the Royal Canadian Pacific are beautifully re-finished and fully restored to their original splendour. The Mount Stephen car, named after CPR’s first president, was originally built as the CPR Director’s day car. This car was also used to host a number of Royalty and dignitaries for Canadian tours.
Today, as the tail-end lounge or “observation” car, the Mount Stephen is the hub of activity for Royal Canadian Pacific. The Craigellachie dining car, a refurbished 1931 sleeper, was named for the location of the driving of the last spike of the transcontinental railway. This beautifully finished car seats a maximum of thirty-two guests for meal service, and can be configured as a meeting room for corporate clients.
The Strathcona, Van Horne and Royal Wentworth were all business cars built by Canadian Pacific expressly for it’s senior executives in 1926 and 1927. These cars feature a lounge area, a dining area, staterooms and open vestibules. The Banffshire (1926) and the N.R. Crump (1930) sleepers provide Royal Canadian Pacific guests with luxury accommodation in private staterooms.
All guest rooms are equipped with modern conveniences including a private three piece en-suite, plush bathrobes, and an in-room safe.