1 877 665 3044 (North America)|
1 403 508 1400 (Direct)
Royal Canadian Pacific|
201 9th Ave SW
Calgary AB T2P 1K3
Royal Canadian Pacific receives worldwide recognition
Canadian Pacific Railway's luxury rail service, Royal Canadian Pacific – based in Calgary, Alberta - has been chosen the world's best luxury train service by over 167,000 registered travel agents and travel professionals.
Royal Canadian Pacific (RCP) has won the "World's Leading Luxury Train" award at the 2006 World Travel Awards ceremony at the Turks & Caicos this week. The RCP received the award in a challenging competition with five other luxury train services. They were the following: The Blue Train (South Africa), The Eastern & Oriental Express (Asia), Pride of Africa-Rovos Rail (Africa), Palace on Wheels (India) and the Venice – Simplon Orient Express (Europe).
"This is world recognition of the exclusive train service provided by the Royal Canadian Pacific heritage fleet," said RCP Director Mark Ramsay, who was in the Turks & Caicos to accept the award. "The award is the result of six years of effort by a dedicated team whose prime focus is on service excellence, professional staffing and guest satisfaction. Their attention to detail is evident in the sophisticated elegance of our restored vintage carriages. This recognition confirms us as world leaders in tourism and hospitality."
Ramsay added, "this major award will certainly benefit Royal Canadian Pacific in making more people aware of our exclusive service, especially as we prepare to open our new world sales facility in Calgary."
Since 1993, travel agents from more than 200 countries have been choosing the world's best in more than 70 different travel-industry categories. The World Travel Awards (firstname.lastname@example.org or
email@example.com) is based in London, England.
About The Royal Canadian Pacific:
Based in Calgary, Alberta, the Royal Canadian Pacific (http://www.royalcanadianpacific.com/) was launched in 2000 and is a fleet of luxuriously appointed 1920s-era railcars, built by Canadian Pacific Railway. In addition to packaged luxury rail tours, private charters can be arranged. Guests have the ability to customize their own exciting cruise journeys and choose from a variety of routes and guided off-train activities. Royal Canadian Pacific guests dine and sleep on board the fleet of magnificently restored vintage rail cars, while enjoying superior personal service and attention to detail. Private en suite rooms combine modern convenience with the old-world charm of the early 1900s.
Royal Canadian Pacific is operated by Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), which is marking its 125th anniversary.
Attention Editors: Still images and B-roll are available
DID YOU KNOW…
*The Royal Canadian Pacific is an intimate train service for guests who experience charters from Vancouver to Calgary with only a maximum of 32 people on board.
* Since beginning operations in 2000, the Royal Canadian Pacific has journeyed across Canada and the United States taking guests on private, intimate excursions.
* In addition to luxury tour packages, everything from birthday parties to weddings has been celebrated on the Royal Canadian Pacific.
* Some dignitaries who have ridden Royal Canadian Pacific's vintage passenger cars include Winston Churchill and Queen Elizabeth ll.
* In 2005, the Royal Canadian Pacific hosted the Canadian Provincial Premiers for the Council of the Federation meetings.
* The Royal Canadian Pacific travels more than 30,000 track miles per season.
Royal Canadian Pacific Excursions…
* Signature "Royal Canadian Rockies Experience," featuring a six-day, 650-mile train trip amid the majestic Rocky Mountains, including stops in Banff and Lake Louise, and through the scenic Columbia River Valley.
* Royal Clubhouse Golf Excursion featuring stops at four world-class golf destinations in the Canadian Rockies. This includes; Stewart Creek Golf Club, Greywolf Golf Course, Trickle Creek Golf Resort and Banff Springs Golf Course.
* Royal Fly-Fishing Adventure to some of the best sport fishing rivers in the world.
* Royal Culinary, Wine and Music Experience, matching the skills of the talented RCP chefs with the unique cuisine and culture of western Canada.
* In 2007, Royal Canadian Pacific is offering a special one-day Ski and Snowboard Adventure to Lake Louise
World Travel Awards…
The World Travel Awards were established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward and celebrate the enormous achievements to be found in all sectors of the global travel industry. In the years since, new technology has ensured that travel has maintained its position as one of the fastest-growing industries on Earth. Also during that time, dedicated travel professionals and their clients have come to regard the World Travel Awards as the best endorsement that any travel product could receive.
Candidates for nomination are based upon the previous year's voting. This is the world's most comprehensive travel awards ceremony, with trophies awarded in all areas of the industry. Voting is cast by travel agents in over 200 countries around the world. Regional geographical categories are broken down from the Whole World category into eight smaller areas - Africa, Asia/Pacific, Caribbean, Central & Latin America, Europe, Middle East, North America and South America. These are then further divided into all areas of the travel industry. Additional worldwide awards covering specific markets, such as World's Leading Sports Resort, World's Leading Private Island, to name but two, broaden the scope of the voting.
Hundreds and thousands of votes each year are registered online at the official World Travel Awards website, with most of the leading travel internet sites offering additional online voting facilities.
12-16 Laystall Street
London EC1R 4PF, United Kingdom
Tel +44 (0)207 925 0000
For general enquiries:
For press information, please email at: